Seema Malhotra MP and Ruth Cadbury MP co chaired a meeting with Schools Minister Nick Gibb MP to point out concerns of Hounslow schools.
The meeting was attended by a wide range of education stakeholders in Hounslow. Points made to the Minister included:
- Hounslow schools are underfunded and have been underfunded for a number of years.
- Rising numbers of pupils with special needs are not being matched with more funding
- Schools are facing rising pension, national insurance and apprenticeship levy costs
- Cuts elsewhere in the public sector are forcing schools to pick up the consequences of increasingly stressed pupils, with increasing numbers of the most vulnerable pupils.
- Staff retention is extremely difficult as a result of the cost of living in London.